The Eden Planner recognises the importance of your privacy and understands that the security of your personal information is important to you. We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us.
Personal information and data
What personal information does The Eden Planner collect?
In the course of our business, The Eden Planner may collect personal information about you that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities. The Eden Planner will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
The types of personal information we may collect and hold may vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you and may include:
- identifying and contact information (such as name, home address, shipping/billing addresses, email address and telephone phone number);
- credit card and payment details;
- product order history and purchase information;
- information you provide to us, for example reviews;
- social media user names such as in relation to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- demographic data including preferences and interests;
- website usage and other technical data such as details of your visits to our websites or information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- if you are a candidate for employment when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process for the purpose of assessment.
The Eden Planner may collect personal information about:
- customers in the course of providing our products and services to them;
- third parties providing a service to The Eden Planner; and
- employees and contractors of The Eden Planner
How does The Eden Planner collect personal information?
The Eden Planner may collect your personal information in a number of ways including through our websites, over the telephone, through social media channels, and through other communications such as by email and through surveys and competitions.
If you are a customer, The Eden Planer typically collects your personal information directly from you but may also collect your personal information from third parties such as payment system providers and third party analytics companies.
For what purposes does The Eden Planner collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We will only use your personal information where we are permitted to do so by applicable law. Under European Union data protection law, the use of your personal information must be justified under one of a number of legal grounds. The principal legal grounds that justify our use of your personal information are for our legitimate interests to allow us to operate our websites, provide you with our services and to manage our relationship with you.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which may include:
- providing you with information you have requested from us or we are required to send you
- operational communications like changes to our website and services
- marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback
- To enhance our website and services
- To protect you so that we can detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity
- In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal information to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites or through third party websites and their platforms.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.To analyse, aggregate and report:
- We may use the personal information we collect to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports which we may share publicly or with third parties.
In general, The Eden Planner collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- to process, fulfil and deliver your orders and provide you with our products and gift vouchers;
- to keep you informed of the status of your orders;
- to register you for, and provide you with, our services;
- to invoice and process any fees payable in relation to our products and services;
- to provide you with a personalised shopping experience;
- to perform authentication and identity checks;
- to record your communications with our personnel;
- to manage our relationship with you and your account with us, and to contact you for follow up purposes;
- to provide you with promotional materials;
- to conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys;
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- to verify and update personal information held by us;
- to recruit and train personnel;
- to review, develop and improve our products and services;
- to conduct internal and demographic studies and monitor customer patterns;
- to handle and address customer complaints;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations; and
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
Our range of products and services and our functions and activities may change from time to time.
If you provide your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, you also consent to The Eden Planner using your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) for any of the above purposes.
We also collect information automatically, for example when you visit our website like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our website and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information helps us get a better understanding of how you are using our website and services so we can continue to provide you with the best experience.
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
To whom may The Eden Planner disclose your personal information?
In order to carry out the above purposes, The Eden Planner may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors or services providers to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to you which includes other persons or organisations engaged by The Eden Planner to assist The Eden Planner in carrying out the above purposes such as payment system providers, providers of targeted online advertising, social media platforms, IT support providers, shipping and courier delivery providers, mailing houses, retail management solution providers and other eCommerce providers;
- credit reference or fraud prevention agencies;
- regulatory authorities; and
- parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of our assets or business.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect;
- if you are a candidate for employment we may not be able to process your applicable for a position with The Eden Planner
How does The Eden Planner hold your personal information and manage the data quality and security of your personal information?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
We recognise that information security is an integral element of data privacy. While no data transmission (including over the internet or any website) can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion, we implement a range of commercially reasonable physical, technological and procedural measures to help protect personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Information that you provide to us is stored on our or our service providers secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies or standards, or those agreed with our service providers.
Our third party service providers and parties we may engage that process personal information on our behalf (for the purposes listed above) are also contractually obligated to respect the confidentiality of our personal information.
To the extent required by applicable law, The Eden PLanner will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date; and
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The Eden Planer will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is held which is no longer required, including under any contractual or legal requirement, is destroyed or de-identified in a secure manner.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which this data collected and any other permitted linked purpose (for example certain transaction details and correspondence may need to be retained in order to comply with regulatory requirements). Our retention periods are also based on our business needs and good practice.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal information we hold about you at any time. You can contact us, and we will provide you with your personal information via email.
Right to portability:
Whenever we process your personal information by automated means either based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal information you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal information if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal information completed. If you have an account with The Eden Planner you can edit your personal information in your account and on membership pages.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal information processed by us at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with us, regardless of the payment method
- you are suspected of misusing or have misused our services within the past four years
- your debt has been sold to a third party within the past three years or one year for deceased customers
- your credit application has been rejected within the past three months
- if you have made a purchase, we will keep the personal information linked to your transaction for bookkeeping purposes.
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
You have the right to object to processing of your personal information that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate either legal claims or legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights.
Your right to object to direct marketing
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
Right to restriction
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information under the following circumstances:
- if you object to processing based on our legitimate interest, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- if you have asserted that your personal information is incorrect, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal information.
- if the processing is unlawful, you may oppose the erasure of personal information and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal information.
- if we no longer need the personal information, but you require the data to defend legal claims.
We may use your personal information to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) in relation to products, services or other offers we think may be of interest to you.
When you register to create an account on any of our websites, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service which will send you email and direct mail alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions.
You may also opt-out of receiving marketing information at any time using one of the following means:
- By logging into your account on our website and changing your direct marketing preferences;
- By clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of a direct marketing email sent by us; or By email: email@example.com
Please allow 5 working days for us to action your request.
If you request not to receive marketing material from a The Eden Planner entity, please note that we may still contact you in relation to our ongoing relationship with you. For example, if you have submitted an order for a product with us, we may contact you in relation to that order.
We use third party vendor remarketing services including Google’s ‘Customer Match’ and Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ to display ads. This means if you have provided us with your contact details, unless you opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us, we may upload these to third party vendors who perform remarketing services on our behalf.
There are four types of cookies. By using any of our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit any of our websites in the future:
Website functionality cookies: Enable you to browse the website and use features such as our shopping basket
Website analytics cookies: To measure and analyse how our customers use the website, including Google Analytics Display Advertising Features. This allows us to continuously improve our websites and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies: The website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our websites.
How can you access or correct your personal information and contact The Eden Planner?
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by us is not correct and you have an account with us, please visit our website where you created your account and, after logging into the website using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal information from the website using your password and User ID. Your personal information may be changed online within My Details, Shipping Details, and My Email Preferences. You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit/debit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through security validation checks.
If you would like to seek access to the personal information we hold about you, or you would like to request that we correct the personal information we hold about you and you do not have an account with us, please contact us. We will provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date. In some circumstances and in accordance with applicable laws, The Eden Planner may not permit you access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information, in which case we will provide you reasons for this decision.
How The Eden Planner handles complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by The Eden Planner, please advise us of your concern or complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your concern or complaint will be considered or investigated and we will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days. It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with our response, you may contact the supervising privacy regulatory authority in your country of residence.